Note: These directions are to Sunday's races and festival. View directions to practices and Saturday's time trials here.
Directions to Sunday's Dragon Boat Festival site
Take the Red Line to Harvard Square. In addition to the Red line you may take The #1 or Dudley/Harvard Station bus. Once you are in Harvard Square follow the walking instructions below to get to the site. If you drove and parked at a public lot, find the "Out of Town News" newsstand across the street from the "Harvard Coop" in the middle of Harvard Square. See the Maps near the bottom of the page.
Walking from Harvard Square and the MBTA station
- Exit the Harvard MBTA station. You should be in front of "Out of Town News" newsstand. Across the street you'll see the "Harvard Coop"
- Turn left onto John F Kennedy Street (JFK St.) You should pass a Finagle a Bagel shop and "The Garage" on your left.
- After The Garage, turn left on Mt Auburn St.
- Walk about 5 blocks. Turn right on DeWolfe St.
- Walk straight about 3 blocks and you should see the Weeks Footbridge ahead of you (see maps below).
Teams will be camped across the river on the Boston side. For general information, please check in at the Information and T-shirt sales area at the Weeks Footbridge on the Cambridge side. You can't miss us!
By car, your best option is to park near Mount Auburn Street and De Wolfe Street. There is no designated parking, so you can park on the City of Cambridge streets or in parking lots. The festival is at the corner of De Wolfe Street and Memorial Drive. On Sunday, meters are not in effect in Cambridge or Boston.
See also map of paid public parking garages in Harvard Square. Open the link and click on the "P" for exact location and phone number. Call for rates.
Please note: On Sunday, Memorial Drive is closed to cars between Western Avenue and Elliot Bridge. There is no place to park to drop off tents or other equipment on the Boston side on Soldiers Field Road.